For those Australian’s; I don’t know if you’ve been outside recently but I’ve noticed something…. It’s bloody cold.
How are you feeling? Are your toes, one by one, starting to turn blue? The early signs of a sniffle have just emerged from your nose? There’s a sore and dry throat making its presence felt? Are you thinking what I’m thinking? I thought so…the winter cold is on the way!
Out comes the tissues, or in my best mate case, a favorite handkerchief (disgusting? Yes, I’ve already told him) and into bed you get. What about work? Surely if you miss a few days it’s going to be chaos when you get back? If you’re like most of us, you can’t afford to miss a day’s work! So what’s one to do? Let me tell you my story about how I beat the oncoming cold!
Recently I moved from the gym I was working at into a private personal training studio and with that comes a little bit of stress….naturally. Within a couple of days I started to feel the early signs of a cold coming on, you know, the dry tickly throat and a running nose, but instead of raising the white flag and accepting defeat I fought against it! I fought against it with injectable nutrients!
No, not steroid, those of you that have seen me would know I’m clearly not on steroid but more so valuable nutrients that help fight disease and the dreaded cold! Let me explain it to you.
These injectable nutrients are like being ‘on the drip’. The doctor inserts a needle into your vein and within seconds you are receiving nutrients straight into the blood stream. A much more effective way of getting the nutrients you need to fight off not only colds but a number of other diseases!
These injectable nutrients serve as a natural support during times of stress, help assist your body back into balance, and give you back that bounce that would have taken days to find had you gotten yourself some vitamin c tablets!
The intravenous drip I had was called a ‘multi’ drip and consisted of vitamins B, C, Zinc & Magnesium: Here is why you need each of these!
- Helps to support the immune system. The body uses a much higher amount of vitamin C during times of stress.
- An important anti-oxidant.
- Assists with skin health.
- Helps with tissue repair & collagen formation.
- Also helps to support the immune system.
- Important in the production of testosterone (for male & female sex drive & muscle growth).
- Necessary in assisting biochemical processes, such as: energy & hormone production.
- Also an important anti-oxidant & contributor to skin health.
- Has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Helps reduce muscle spasms & pain.
- Also necessary in assisting biochemical processes, such as: energy & hormone production.
- Helps to relax smooth muscle: assisting asthmatics, decreasing blood pressure and improving circulation.
- To assist in raising energy levels.
- Can assist in mild depression & stressful times.
Although a healthy lifestyle will minimize the chances of you getting sick, let’s face, for most of us, at one time or another, you’re going to be struck down! This 30 minute drip was my saving grace and prevented me from having to take a day off work. It cost $150, but you do the maths. If it means that you don’t have to take 1,2,3 or even 4 days off paid work how much will you save from not having ‘sick days’.
In good health, enjoy the winter!